Saturday 19 June 2010

Belvoir Park Hospital (closed)






Belvoir park hospital is located in South Belfast close to the Forestside shopping centre.

“The hospital, which opened in 1906, was originally known as Purdysburn Fever Hospital and later Montgomery House, before being renamed Belvoir Park Hospital in the 1960s. Throughout its lifespan, the hospital was the main regional centre for oncology, offering radiotherapy and chemotherapy. treatments.[1] Belvoir Park Hospital closed in March 2006, when cancer treatment, including radiotherapy, was transferred to Belfast City Hospital.” (Wikipedia)

I remember this hospital being open and visiting my great aunt there, these pictures posted by “Rookinella” on the 28 days later forum show the now closed Belvoir park hospital as it is today. They have a very spooky end of days feeling and I love the pictures of the vintage equipment.

These pictures and many more can be found by clicking the link below.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40671

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. kimscuddles.com

    ReplyDelete